Despite its small size, there are a lot of benefits to living in Idaho. For example, Idaho is known as the ‘Gem State’ as every kind of gemstone known to man has been located here. In Idaho, there are no specific rules for working as a bounty hunter, or bail bond agent. As long as you follow the rules of the Idaho Bail Act, you can work as a bounty hunter within the state of Idaho.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Rules for Becoming an Idaho Bounty Hunter
- Age: To work as a bounty hunter in Idaho, you need to be 18 years or older.
- Education: You do not need any specific education to become a bounty hunter in Idaho.
- Degree: No degree requirement.
- Experience: No experience is necessary.
- Citizenship: You should be a US citizen, but you do not have to be a citizen of Idaho.
- Employment: Before you can work as a bounty under in Idaho, you must be employed by a surety bonding company that has been licensed by the state.
Starting Your Career as an Idaho Bounty Hunter
Although Idaho has no licensing rules for bounty hunter work, there are a few steps you can take that will be beneficial for your career.
- You can complete a criminal justice degree that covers areas related to bounty hunting—you can also seek training from someone already working as a bounty hunter.
- You can apply to work for a surety bonding company and start working as a bounty hunter.
- You can become licensed to issue bail bonds. This requires that you are at least 18 years-old, have not been convicted of a felony, and have passed the Idaho Bail Bond Exam.
Job Tasks of an Idaho Bounty Hunter
When you work as a bounty hunter for a surety bonding company, you will seek out and apprehend criminals who have skipped out on bonds issued by your company. Performing this job requires a keen investigative mind and a great deal of patience.
Careers that are similar to bounty hunting are those that fall under the categories of investigation or law enforcement. Some of these careers can include being a private detective, a police officer, a process server and any other criminal justice careers.
Receiving Bounty Hunting Education
To improve your career performance as an Idaho bounty hunter, it’s a good idea to study areas related to the profession. Degrees in criminology, sociology, psychology and law can be useful when you’re trying to become a bounty hunter. Developing these skills will make you more appealing to potential employers and will make you more proficient as a bounty hunter in Idaho.
Information About Idaho
There are many sites to see in Idaho. The highest point in the state, for example, is Borah Peak, and its oldest building is the Cataldo Mission. Idaho is also home to the Idaho Champion Western Red Cedar Tree. Located in Elk River, the tree is over 3,000 years old and is 177 feet tall.
Job Prospects for Idaho Bounty Hunters
The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not keep track of the number of bounty hunters working in Idaho. However, the prospects for Idaho bounty hunters are fairly strong. The average pay for an Idaho bunter is $45,810 per year. Additionally, there are many bail agencies operating in the state, providing ample opportunity for employment.
Education Programs for Bounty Hunters in Idaho
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics